Faux & Wood Blinds for Austin and Central Texas
Faux wood blinds are the most popular blinds for those on a budget that want the look of wood blinds. The PVC is a heavier product than the wood, so it requires a few more supporting “ladders” (strings) and are noticeably heavier to raise and lower (compared to wood blinds of the same size. These horizontal blinds are offered in 2”and 2 ½”slats, smooth or embossed textures, many colors, and standard 3”molded valance. While they are made primarily out of PVC, they have the look and feel of natural wood.
- Ideal choice for areas of high humidity or extreme heat because PVC is moisture proof, fade resistant and coated with a UV inhibitor to prevent discoloration.
- Very affordable compared to other window treatments. 25% to 30% cheaper than wood.
- The look and warmth of wood blinds with the easy care and maintenance of vinyl.
- Offers excellent light control and privacy
Our wood blinds are made from high quality basswood. We have used basswood in both our shutters and blinds since the day we first started manufacturing our own shutters and blinds, due to its natural durability, light weight and propensity for long straight lumber. Wood blinds come in 2” and 2 ½” slats with a variety of colors and stains to choose from and a decorative 3” valance (the same color as the blind). Wood blinds bring warmth and natural beauty to your home.
- This product has a wide variety of colors to help match other wood decor in your home.
- Wood blinds are lighter weight than faux blinds, therefore, easier to raise up and down.
- Wood blinds require fewer ladders for support making them a good choice for cotton tapes.
- Wider selection of colors to choose from than faux blinds.