February 17, 2015
Texans have their own way of doing just about everything, even decorating their homes. When you think of Texas, you think of oversize, western, stars, and the red, white, and blue flag. Incorporating all of these factors can make redecorating your home in Texas style fun. A Texas style home will include rustic and ranch elements with natural colors to complement your red, white and blue accents. While Texas style works the best in a large space, it can be altered to fit any smaller space. With our multitude of color and style window treatment options, we can help you achieve the perfect look for your Texas styled home. Schedule your free in-home consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is a Texas based full service window treatment manufacturer and installer, now proudly servicing customers throughout Texas including: Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the surrounding communities.
Try these Texas style design ideas to honor the Lone Star State in your home:
- Hang a Lone Star on the wall
- Pair white chairs with a wooden table
- Accentuate wood floors with cowhide
- Choose a soft, buttery flat wall color paint to give the walls a leather or limestone look
- Pair a large overstuffed leather couch with overstuffed leather or wool upholstered chairs
- Use throw pillows that have the Lone Star state symbol and colors
- Hang a large painting of a cattle drive with a large steer horn above the fireplace for a Texas style focal point
- Pair leather and Indian blanket pillows
- Choose a black iron chandelier with black iron candlesticks for a Texas style rustic look
Southern Shutters can fully customize the window treatments you want to fit the image of your Texas heritage. Our solid wood, hand-crafted, rustic designs will compliment the look and feel of the Texas lifestyle abode. To get started, you can schedule your free in-home consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is a full service Texas based window treatment manufacturer and installer, now proudly servicing Texas families throughout Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the neighboring areas.
Comments Off on Texas Style Home Makeover: Choose Southern Shutters for Your Texas Interior Design Needs
December 17, 2014
Your home’s windows let in sunlight and offer beautiful views. However, the sunlight they invite in can also cause hot spots and severe fading of your furnishings. During storms or in the event of a break-in, they are also the most vulnerable points in your home. Solar control window film from Southern Shutters is designed to reject solar heat, reduce fading, and add a valuable layer of protection to your home. Southern Shutters offers high quality Huber Optics solar control window film to protect your home and office windows. To see how solar control window film can save you money, schedule a free in-home consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX, proudly serving clients throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and nearby areas.
What Are the Benefits of Solar Control Window Film?
- Lower energy costs – Solar control window film reduces the heat loss through windows by improving glass insulating performance.
- Block heat and glare – Solar control window film helps to correct temperature imbalances, improving comfort and deflecting harsh, uncomfortable glare.
- Reduce fading – Solar control window film filtesr out more than 99% of the harmful ultraviolet rays that cause fading in fabrics and furnishings.
- Improve appearance – Solar control window film can add new style to your home for a fraction of the cost of other window treatments.
- Enhance privacy – Solar control window film will let in light but provide privacy during daylight hours.
How Can Solar Control Window Film Save Me Money?
Energy efficiency can lower your monthly energy bill. Heat gained through windows makes up a significant portion of your summer utility bill. Solar control window film can reduce this heat gain by up to 79%.
Solar Control Window Film Appointments in Georgetown and Manor, TX
The Huber Optics window film offered by Southern Shutters was the first patented nano-ceramic window film with 3x more infrared rejection, 4x less reflection, 13 °C cooler temperature control, and 25x more durability than competing brands. For the convenience and quality you deserve, schedule a free in-home solar control window film consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds proudly serves customers throughout Georgetown and Manor, TX, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the surrounding communities.
Comments Off on Save Money with Solar Control Window Film from Southern Shutters
November 17, 2014
Changing your window treatment is a fast and efficient way to completely update the look and feel of a room. Shades and blinds are both simple and attractive ways to cover your windows. They also come in a variety of styles. But how do you know if shades or blinds will work best in your home? The helpful and experienced staff of Southern Shutters and Blinds can help you find the perfect window treatment solution. You can schedule a free in-home consultation today to get started. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX with satisfied customers located throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill.
Blinds are hard window coverings, made of individual slats or vanes, which tumble down or across the blind. The slats are controlled by a manual pull cord. They may be closed tightly for privacy, or adjusted to allow you to control the amount of light needed. Blinds can come in a variety of forms including wood, faux wood, woven wood, mini-blinds, and vertical blinds. They are usually made from wood, metal, a composite or woven grass, or bamboo. Most windows should be covered by horizontal blinds. Vertical blinds are best used to cover extremely large windows and patio doors. Blinds are best suited for rooms with strong architectural features like high ceilings, columns, and beams.
Shades are soft window coverings made from a continuous roll of material. They stack neatly at the top of the window. Shades are typically drawn up and down by cords or rolled up with a spring device. Unlike blinds, the fabric and feeling of a shade is flexible and flowing. Although shades can’t be adjusted for lighting, they do come in a range of opacity to accommodate light preferences. Popular varieties include Roman shades, roller shades, and cellular shades. Shades are best suited for layered and intimate spaces. If you prefer either a minimum or maximum amount of light, you can choose between sheer shades and blackout shades.
- Cellular shades are most popular because they are made of tiny pockets that trap hot and cold air creating an energy efficient source for your home.
- Roller shades are the standard economical shades that simply roll up and down.
- Roman shades are made of more elaborate and elegant fabrics which create soft horizontal folds down the window as they are lowered. Roman Shades are a decorative alternative to traditional drapery.
Find Quality Custom Blinds and Shades in Austin, TX
Southern Shutters and Blinds offers a variety of wood and faux blinds, and an assortment of shades with different fabrics and functions. You can schedule a free in-home personal design session with an experienced consultant today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX with clients throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill.
Comments Off on Interior Design Advice: Choosing Between Blinds and Shades
October 17, 2014
New exterior shutters can make a huge difference in beautifying your home’s façade. They were once only a functional part of homes used to protect the windows from rain and wind. Nowadays they serve a more decorative purpose. The best exterior shutters are made from wood. Wooden exterior shutters are durable, attractive, and insect resistant. They represent tradition and authenticity. Exterior shutters can come in almost any color, shape or style. If historical accuracy is important to you then wood shutters are your only option. Call or come by Southern Shutters & Blinds for an exterior shutters consultation. Southern Shutters & Blinds exterior shutters are made from the highest quality western red cedar and can be custom painted or stained to achieve any color effect. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX with satisfied customers throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill.
Exterior Shutter Choices
For the best visual effect, you should try to maintain color contrast between your house and your exterior shutters. For a bolder look, black shutters on a light or neutral colored house works great. You could also take the base color of your house and use a darker shade of that color for the shutters. Exterior shutter styles include:
- Fixed Louver (slatted) – Louvered, or slatted shutters, enhance traditional-style homes. Louvered Window Shutters offer tasteful signature styling and a timeless accent. They can bring a graceful and enduring beauty to the exterior of your home.
- Board and Batten- Board and batten shutters look best on cottage, French country and rustic style houses. They’re rumored to be the first style of shutter invented. The vertical components are the boards and the horizontal components are the battens. This classic style is perfect for ranch style homes or homes that reflect historical significance and simplicity.
- Raised Panel- These shutters complement most traditional home styles as well. They add to a traditional colonial look. They’re an ideal enhancement to federal manor homes, traditional colonial homes and quaint craft cottages.
- Bahama- Bermuda or Bahama style shutters are perfect for achieving a tropical or island effect. These tropically-inspired shutters are hinged on the top. They consist of one louvered panel held out at an angle from the bottom.
Exterior Shutters in Austin, TX
Southern Shutters and Blinds has the only start-to-finish shutter manufacturing facility in central Texas. If quality exterior shutters and good customer service are important to you, call or come by Southern Shutters & Blinds for a free consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds proudly serve customers throughout Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill, TX.
Comments Off on Instantly Improve Your Curb Appeal with New Exterior Shutters
August 22, 2014
When you are trying to decipher how you want to remodel your home, there is no doubt you will have many questions and concerns as to how certain things will look. When it comes to your window treatment, you may be wanting to make a bold statement or a subtle one, and you may need help figuring out exactly what will go with the aesthetic of your home. Thankfully, the people at Southern Shutters are able to offer a free in-home consultation in order to ease your mind and guide you through your new look.
When you are looking to rejuvenate your window treatments, we have a wide variety to choose from. Our comprehensive menu of shutters, blinds, and shades will be able to achieve the perfect look for your home, all the while being efficient and productive. Our shutters are fully customizable to match the colors of stains, have endless paint options, and will install them quickly and professionally. We also have hardware to match! We also offer Hunter Douglas window blinds, which have been producing quality products for over 60 years.
Our Madico window films are known for being energy efficient, safe, and adding to the appearance of your home. If you are curious as to how certain treatments look, we have our showcase to give you a better idea. If you would like to take advantage of our free in-home consultation, contact us today!
If you have any questions and would like an answer, please come to Southern Shutters & Blinds to speak with one of our team members. We have locations in Georgetown and Manor, and we are happy to help customers from San Antonio, Georgetown, Austin, Round Rock, Manor, Liberty Hill, and beyond.
Comments Off on Take Advantage of Our Free In-Home Consultation!