May 28, 2015
Window treatments don’t only add beauty and complete a room’s décor. They can also help illuminate a room that is too dark or help block out intense sun light that can lead to faded furniture and flooring. In an office, window treatments can alleviate glare on computer and television screens. One of the best choices for light control in any room of your home is wood shutters. Southern Shutters & Blinds in Georgetown, TX, offers a variety of wood shutters that will help manage light within your overall decorative plan.
Daylighting is the buzzword that’s used nowadays when talking about controlling and using sunlight to the best decorative and energy advantage for your home. Wood shutters are attractive in and of themselves, so they not only enhance the look of a room, they can also make the view beyond your windows more attractive. (Or if necessary, of course, they hide unappealing views, too, as well as provide the privacy that you and your family want.) You can save energy when you use sunlight to illuminate a room rather than artificial light. And sunlight can also be a source of heat for your home during the winter months, or you can block sun during the summer months to reduce electricity bills.
Regulating Sunlight for a Beautiful Room
When you want to manage the sunlight that filters into a room through windows, you need to consider:
- The size of the room’s windows
- The direction they face
- The landscape that surrounds your home
Obviously, a room with large windows will have different light control requirements than a room with smaller windows. Likewise, a room with a southern exposure will receive different light throughout the seasons than a room with a northern exposure. And whether or not your home is surrounded by shade trees will also be a consideration. Shutters can help you control the quality of light in any room. You can open the shutters fully to allow the maximum amount of light in, or you can adjust the tilting louvers to filter in less light. Shutters are among some of the more versatile window treatments if you’re looking to manage light in order to enhance the beauty and ambiance of a room in your home.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you’d like to learn more about how shutters can control sunlight in your home, then call Southern Shutters & Blinds today to schedule a FREE In-Home Personal Design Session. Southern Shutters and Blinds proudly serves customers throughout Georgetown and Manor, TX, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the surrounding communities.
February 17, 2015
Texans have their own way of doing just about everything, even decorating their homes. When you think of Texas, you think of oversize, western, stars, and the red, white, and blue flag. Incorporating all of these factors can make redecorating your home in Texas style fun. A Texas style home will include rustic and ranch elements with natural colors to complement your red, white and blue accents. While Texas style works the best in a large space, it can be altered to fit any smaller space. With our multitude of color and style window treatment options, we can help you achieve the perfect look for your Texas styled home. Schedule your free in-home consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is a Texas based full service window treatment manufacturer and installer, now proudly servicing customers throughout Texas including: Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the surrounding communities.
Nine Texas Interior Design Tips
- Hang a Lone Star on the wall
- Pair white chairs with a wooden table
- Accentuate wood floors with cowhide
- Choose a soft, buttery flat wall color paint to give the walls a leather or limestone look
- Pair a large overstuffed leather couch with overstuffed leather or wool upholstered chairs
- Use throw pillows that have the Lone Star state symbol and colors
- Hang a large painting of a cattle drive with a large steer horn above the fireplace for a Texas style focal point
- Pair leather and Indian blanket pillows
- Choose a black iron chandelier with black iron candlesticks for a Texas style rustic look
Southern Shutters can fully customize the window treatments you want to fit the image of your Texas heritage. Our solid wood, hand-crafted, rustic designs will compliment the look and feel of the Texas lifestyle abode. To get started, you can schedule your free in-home consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is a full service Texas based window treatment manufacturer and installer, now proudly servicing Texas families throughout Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the neighboring areas.
January 17, 2015
Looking for a unique way to reinvent a room? Get new custom interior shutters. No other window treatment is as traditionally arresting as interior shutters. Their decorative appeal is a clear indication of a purposely fashioned interior design scheme. Modern interior shutters are classically American and can be utilized to beautify any style sensibility. Whether your home is modern, traditional, or contemporary, new custom interior shutters can be fabricated to compliment your décor. To discover why we’re the trusted resource for new custom interior shutters in Texas, contact us to schedule your free in-home interior shutters consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is a full service window treatment manufacturer and installer, now proudly servicing happy customers throughout Georgetown and Manor, TX, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the surrounding communities.
Why Choose Custom Interior Shutters?
Custom interior shutters provide the most light control, privacy, and protection against the elements. They make a powerful statement and their clean lines and rich textures can beautifully frame your outside view. Our custom interior shutters are available in a wide variety of frames, louver and slat sizes, and specialty shapes to match the unique décor of every room in your home.
- Custom interior shutters can add drama and refinement to any room
- Their insulating design can also help lower energy bills year round
- Custom interior shutters provide a heightened sense of sophistication and enduring style
- Custom interior shutters are available in a variety of stains and finishes, to be custom color-matched to coordinate with your existing furnishings
- Custom interior shutters are easy to operate and designed without cords, making them a safer option for parents
Custom interior shutters can add an aura of refinement to any room. Upgrade your home by scheduling a free in-home consultation with our experienced custom interior shutters team today. Southern Shutters and Blinds proudly serve families throughout Georgetown and Manor, TX, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and nearby areas.
December 17, 2014
Your home’s windows let in sunlight and offer beautiful views. However, the sunlight they invite in can also cause hot spots and severe fading of your furnishings. During storms or in the event of a break-in, they are also the most vulnerable points in your home. Solar control window film from Southern Shutters is designed to reject solar heat, reduce fading, and add a valuable layer of protection to your home. Southern Shutters offers high quality Huber Optics solar control window film to protect your home and office windows. To see how solar control window film can save you money, schedule a free in-home consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX, proudly serving clients throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and nearby areas.
What Are the Benefits of Solar Control Window Film?
- Lower energy costs – Solar control window film reduces the heat loss through windows by improving glass insulating performance.
- Block heat and glare – Solar control window film helps to correct temperature imbalances, improving comfort and deflecting harsh, uncomfortable glare.
- Reduce fading – Solar control window film filtesr out more than 99% of the harmful ultraviolet rays that cause fading in fabrics and furnishings.
- Improve appearance – Solar control window film can add new style to your home for a fraction of the cost of other window treatments.
- Enhance privacy – Solar control window film will let in light but provide privacy during daylight hours.
How Can Solar Control Window Film Save Me Money?
Energy efficiency can lower your monthly energy bill. Heat gained through windows makes up a significant portion of your summer utility bill. Solar control window film can reduce this heat gain by up to 79%.
The Huber Optics window film offered by Southern Shutters was the first patented nano-ceramic window film with 3x more infrared rejection, 4x less reflection, 13 °C cooler temperature control, and 25x more durability than competing brands. For the convenience and quality you deserve, schedule a free in-home solar control window film consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds proudly serves customers throughout Georgetown and Manor, TX, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the surrounding communities.
October 17, 2014
New exterior shutters can make a huge difference in beautifying your home’s façade. They were once only a functional part of homes used to protect the windows from rain and wind. Nowadays they serve a more decorative purpose. The best exterior shutters are made from wood. Wooden exterior shutters are durable, attractive, and insect resistant. They represent tradition and authenticity. Exterior shutters can come in almost any color, shape or style. If historical accuracy is important to you then wood shutters are your only option. Call or come by Southern Shutters & Blinds for an exterior shutters consultation. Southern Shutters & Blinds exterior shutters are made from the highest quality western red cedar and can be custom painted or stained to achieve any color effect. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX with satisfied customers throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill.
Exterior Shutter Choices
For the best visual effect, you should try to maintain color contrast between your house and your exterior shutters. For a bolder look, black shutters on a light or neutral colored house works great. You could also take the base color of your house and use a darker shade of that color for the shutters. Exterior shutter styles include:
- Fixed Louver (slatted) – Louvered, or slatted shutters, enhance traditional-style homes. Louvered Window Shutters offer tasteful signature styling and a timeless accent. They can bring a graceful and enduring beauty to the exterior of your home.
- Board and Batten- Board and batten shutters look best on cottage, French country and rustic style houses. They’re rumored to be the first style of shutter invented. The vertical components are the boards and the horizontal components are the battens. This classic style is perfect for ranch style homes or homes that reflect historical significance and simplicity.
- Raised Panel- These shutters complement most traditional home styles as well. They add to a traditional colonial look. They’re an ideal enhancement to federal manor homes, traditional colonial homes and quaint craft cottages.
- Bahama- Bermuda or Bahama style shutters are perfect for achieving a tropical or island effect. These tropically-inspired shutters are hinged on the top. They consist of one louvered panel held out at an angle from the bottom.
Exterior Shutters in Austin, TX
Southern Shutters and Blinds has the only start-to-finish shutter manufacturing facility in central Texas. If quality exterior shutters and good customer service are important to you, call or come by Southern Shutters & Blinds for a free consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds proudly serve customers throughout Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill, TX.
May 31, 2013
Welcome to the blog for Southern Shutters & Blinds! Here you’ll find valuable information on who we are and what products we offer to customers from Austin, San Antonio, and beyond. For today’s post, we’d like to start by talking about what makes us different from the competition.
The biggest difference between us and other businesses that offer blinds or interior/exterior shutters is that we have a local manufacturing facility in Manor, TX. The benefit of relying on a local manufacturer for your blinds and shutters is that you end up with superior results in less time. It also means more personal care—when you call us, you’ll rarely hear a voicemail recording; instead, you’ll reach a live person eager to answer your questions and concerns.
What do we make our products from? Many of our interior shutters and blinds are made from quality basswood, while many of our exterior shutters are made with western red cedar. What’s more, our team at Southern Shutters & Blinds doesn’t just manufacture your window treatments locally; we also install them with installers who are true carpenters. That means you only need to trust one business for your entire window treatment project.
Other benefits and services of Southern Shutters & Blinds include:
- Fully custom stain matches
- Unlimited paint options
- Matching hardware
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Components designed to last
- Wide selection of colors and stains for blind slats
Do you live in Austin, the Hill Country, Round Rock, Pflugerville, San Antonio, or beyond? Call us or visit one of our showrooms for information on how we can help. Providing quality, customized results is our promise to you.