February 17, 2015
Texans have their own way of doing just about everything, even decorating their homes. When you think of Texas, you think of oversize, western, stars, and the red, white, and blue flag. Incorporating all of these factors can make redecorating your home in Texas style fun. A Texas style home will include rustic and ranch elements with natural colors to complement your red, white and blue accents. While Texas style works the best in a large space, it can be altered to fit any smaller space. With our multitude of color and style window treatment options, we can help you achieve the perfect look for your Texas styled home. Schedule your free in-home consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is a Texas based full service window treatment manufacturer and installer, now proudly servicing customers throughout Texas including: Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the surrounding communities.
Nine Texas Interior Design Tips
- Hang a Lone Star on the wall
- Pair white chairs with a wooden table
- Accentuate wood floors with cowhide
- Choose a soft, buttery flat wall color paint to give the walls a leather or limestone look
- Pair a large overstuffed leather couch with overstuffed leather or wool upholstered chairs
- Use throw pillows that have the Lone Star state symbol and colors
- Hang a large painting of a cattle drive with a large steer horn above the fireplace for a Texas style focal point
- Pair leather and Indian blanket pillows
- Choose a black iron chandelier with black iron candlesticks for a Texas style rustic look
Southern Shutters can fully customize the window treatments you want to fit the image of your Texas heritage. Our solid wood, hand-crafted, rustic designs will compliment the look and feel of the Texas lifestyle abode. To get started, you can schedule your free in-home consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is a full service Texas based window treatment manufacturer and installer, now proudly servicing Texas families throughout Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the neighboring areas.
January 17, 2015
Looking for a unique way to reinvent a room? Get new custom interior shutters. No other window treatment is as traditionally arresting as interior shutters. Their decorative appeal is a clear indication of a purposely fashioned interior design scheme. Modern interior shutters are classically American and can be utilized to beautify any style sensibility. Whether your home is modern, traditional, or contemporary, new custom interior shutters can be fabricated to compliment your décor. To discover why we’re the trusted resource for new custom interior shutters in Texas, contact us to schedule your free in-home interior shutters consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is a full service window treatment manufacturer and installer, now proudly servicing happy customers throughout Georgetown and Manor, TX, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and the surrounding communities.
Why Choose Custom Interior Shutters?
Custom interior shutters provide the most light control, privacy, and protection against the elements. They make a powerful statement and their clean lines and rich textures can beautifully frame your outside view. Our custom interior shutters are available in a wide variety of frames, louver and slat sizes, and specialty shapes to match the unique décor of every room in your home.
- Custom interior shutters can add drama and refinement to any room
- Their insulating design can also help lower energy bills year round
- Custom interior shutters provide a heightened sense of sophistication and enduring style
- Custom interior shutters are available in a variety of stains and finishes, to be custom color-matched to coordinate with your existing furnishings
- Custom interior shutters are easy to operate and designed without cords, making them a safer option for parents
Custom interior shutters can add an aura of refinement to any room. Upgrade your home by scheduling a free in-home consultation with our experienced custom interior shutters team today. Southern Shutters and Blinds proudly serve families throughout Georgetown and Manor, TX, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Liberty Hill, and nearby areas.
November 17, 2014
Changing your window treatment is a fast and efficient way to completely update the look and feel of a room. Shades and blinds are both simple and attractive ways to cover your windows. They also come in a variety of styles. But how do you know if shades or blinds will work best in your home? The helpful and experienced staff of Southern Shutters and Blinds can help you find the perfect window treatment solution. You can schedule a free in-home consultation today to get started. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX with satisfied customers located throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill.
Blinds are hard window coverings, made of individual slats or vanes, which tumble down or across the blind. The slats are controlled by a manual pull cord. They may be closed tightly for privacy, or adjusted to allow you to control the amount of light needed. Blinds can come in a variety of forms including wood, faux wood, woven wood, mini-blinds, and vertical blinds. They are usually made from wood, metal, a composite or woven grass, or bamboo. Most windows should be covered by horizontal blinds. Vertical blinds are best used to cover extremely large windows and patio doors. Blinds are best suited for rooms with strong architectural features like high ceilings, columns, and beams.
Shades are soft window coverings made from a continuous roll of material. They stack neatly at the top of the window. Shades are typically drawn up and down by cords or rolled up with a spring device. Unlike blinds, the fabric and feeling of a shade is flexible and flowing. Although shades can’t be adjusted for lighting, they do come in a range of opacity to accommodate light preferences. Popular varieties include Roman shades, roller shades, and cellular shades. Shades are best suited for layered and intimate spaces. If you prefer either a minimum or maximum amount of light, you can choose between sheer shades and blackout shades.
- Cellular shades are most popular because they are made of tiny pockets that trap hot and cold air creating an energy efficient source for your home.
- Roller shades are the standard economical shades that simply roll up and down.
- Roman shades are made of more elaborate and elegant fabrics which create soft horizontal folds down the window as they are lowered. Roman Shades are a decorative alternative to traditional drapery.
Southern Shutters and Blinds offers a variety of wood and faux blinds, and an assortment of shades with different fabrics and functions. You can schedule a free in-home personal design session with an experienced consultant today. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX with clients throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill.
October 17, 2014
New exterior shutters can make a huge difference in beautifying your home’s façade. They were once only a functional part of homes used to protect the windows from rain and wind. Nowadays they serve a more decorative purpose. The best exterior shutters are made from wood. Wooden exterior shutters are durable, attractive, and insect resistant. They represent tradition and authenticity. Exterior shutters can come in almost any color, shape or style. If historical accuracy is important to you then wood shutters are your only option. Call or come by Southern Shutters & Blinds for an exterior shutters consultation. Southern Shutters & Blinds exterior shutters are made from the highest quality western red cedar and can be custom painted or stained to achieve any color effect. Southern Shutters and Blinds is conveniently located in Georgetown and Manor, TX with satisfied customers throughout Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill.
Exterior Shutter Choices
For the best visual effect, you should try to maintain color contrast between your house and your exterior shutters. For a bolder look, black shutters on a light or neutral colored house works great. You could also take the base color of your house and use a darker shade of that color for the shutters. Exterior shutter styles include:
- Fixed Louver (slatted) – Louvered, or slatted shutters, enhance traditional-style homes. Louvered Window Shutters offer tasteful signature styling and a timeless accent. They can bring a graceful and enduring beauty to the exterior of your home.
- Board and Batten- Board and batten shutters look best on cottage, French country and rustic style houses. They’re rumored to be the first style of shutter invented. The vertical components are the boards and the horizontal components are the battens. This classic style is perfect for ranch style homes or homes that reflect historical significance and simplicity.
- Raised Panel- These shutters complement most traditional home styles as well. They add to a traditional colonial look. They’re an ideal enhancement to federal manor homes, traditional colonial homes and quaint craft cottages.
- Bahama- Bermuda or Bahama style shutters are perfect for achieving a tropical or island effect. These tropically-inspired shutters are hinged on the top. They consist of one louvered panel held out at an angle from the bottom.
Exterior Shutters in Austin, TX
Southern Shutters and Blinds has the only start-to-finish shutter manufacturing facility in central Texas. If quality exterior shutters and good customer service are important to you, call or come by Southern Shutters & Blinds for a free consultation today. Southern Shutters and Blinds proudly serve customers throughout Georgetown, Manor, Austin, San Antonio, Georgetown, Round Rock, Manor and Liberty Hill, TX.
November 26, 2013
Running the heat comes with a price, though—literally. You need it to stay warm, but surely there’s something you can do to keep your bills down.
The answer is yes, there’s plenty you can do. Something as simple as turning off the lights when you’re not using them can help you save on energy bills. So can lowering the blinds and curtains over your windows, and reversing the direction of ceiling fans to push heat down, away from the ceiling.
But if you’ve tried a range of other great tips like these, there’s still something else to consider: Llumar window film. Using Llumar’s special window film can help you save anywhere from 5 to 15% on your energy costs every year. That goes for the hottest months of the summer just as easily as it does for the coldest months of winter.
Llumar is one of the many products we offer at our Georgetown and Manor locations. Using it can help you save money on what you spend on heating and cooling every year.
Do you want to talk to someone about Llumar window film and how it can help you? Our two locations serve customers from Round Rock, Leander, Cedar Park, Marble Falls, and surrounding communities near Austin and San Antonio.